Before Using Your Dot Watch
Be sure to read this manual thoroughly before using your Dot Watch!
As the Dot cells are entirely of a different nature, it does require a certain level of a learning curve to grow comfortable with using the Dot Watch.
- The user input (e.g. pressing the buttons) and the actual user reading should be offset by about one second.
- Please note that, there can't be any pressure and/or blocked cells by fingers and/or foreign objects by the time the pins are trying to display, following input command.
- The user is responsible for understanding the above information, as incorrect displaying due to user error does not equate to a defective device.
- If your device unpaired from your smartphone due to any reasons (proximity, obstacles, powering off/on, etc.), refer to the steps in “Bluetooth Connection Status Menu” section to resume connection trials.
- To pair the Dot Watch with a new smartphone, the Bluetooth information stored in both the previous smartphone and the Dot Watch needs to be reset. Refer to the steps in “Connecting the Dot Watch to a New Smartphone” section to pair with the new smartphone.
This User's Guide is based on the default settings of the device. The contents of this manual may differ from the actual experience depending on the software version of the device, telecommunication service, model specifications, and the user's settings. The device is not supported on Tablet PCs such as iPad or Galaxy Tab.
1. Before Using Your Dot Watch
Dot Watch is a smart watch that connects to the user's smartphone via Dot Watch App and outputs all information in braille. Although Dot Watch can be operated as a standalone analog watch, the Dot Watch App and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) connection is recommended. iOS 9 or its later versions and Android 4.4.4 or a later version is required to run the Dot Watch App.
With the Dot Watch you can:
1) Check the time and date
2) Use the stopwatch
3) Use the timer
4) Check the notification messages on your smartphone
5) Save and store important notification messages in your Dot Watch App
6) Locate your smartphone
7) Set the alarm using the Dot Watch App
8) Use all the features that the Dot Watch App provides, and even learn the Braille
9) Count the number of pins to tell the time by using the “Tactile Mode”
- Dot Watch
- Magnetic Charging Cradle (charger)
- Braille Quick User Guide
- Warranty Card
* If you have any missing basic components, please contact the store where your purchase was made.
* Visit the official Dot Website (www.dotincorp.com) for purchasing optional devices that are not supplied as basic components.